On November the 23rd, 1927, a very successful men's dinner bridge event was organized by Fellowship Chairman, and original charter member, John(Jack) McKay, for the members of the Rotary Club of Saskatoon.

The gathering was held in the restaurant parlors of the Hudson Bay store at 23rd Street and 2nd Avenue; this building was originally built in 1911, and was owned and operated by J.F. Cairns, a long standing club member (1917), as the J.F. Cairns Department Store, until purchased by the Hudson Bay Company in 1922.

This occasion marks the first recorded mention of an organized bridge function within the club, and was the precursor of what was to become a very popular, and regular, club fellowship activity.